What’s one of the reasons that Orlando’s service to meeting professionals is so highly regarded? Perhaps it’s the extremely broad range of marketing services available through Visit Orlando®, all designed to welcome your attendees when they arrive and provide a superior experience to attendees overall.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the services available:
- Up-to-date information on new and renovated hotels, restaurants, world-class facilities, theme parks, local attractions, projects on the horizon and venues that are best suited for your specific meetings;
- Valuable Orlando International Airport statistics and airfare analysis reports which illustrate our accessibility features versus competing cities for meetings and conventions;
- Customized attendee websites featuring discounted attraction tickets, maps of the area, plus more;
- Assistance in coordinating site visit itineraries and onsite help during hotel tours while in Orlando;
- An array of Visit Orlando marketing & attendance building products and initiatives;
- Research and coordination of offsite venue tours for your customer programs and offsite activities while in Orlando;
- Media lists for print, television and radio.
One other area in which Visit Orlando has been very active with meeting professionals is in the area of corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs. CSR is the manner in which many organizations manage their business processes to positively impact society. Visit Orlando provides turnkey programs or customized plan that lead to increased engagement. Give Kids the World, A Gift for Teaching and Clean the World are examples of some of the local non-profit organizations that benefit.
Of course, new services are not the only meetings-related news happening in Orlando. Indeed, a recent STR/McGraw Hill Construction Dodge Pipeline Report ranks Orlando second in the nation for new hotel room construction — with 2,636 rooms. The largest projects currently in the pipeline include:
- 400-room Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek. Opening October 2011
- 1,984-room Art Animation Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort. Opening summer 2012.
- Rosen Hotels and Resorts: $50-100 million expansion and renovation at several of its properties during the next several years.
For information on how Orlando can inspire your next meeting or event, visit OrlandoMeeting.com, or call 800-362-4424.