The Riu Palace Costa Rica in Guanacaste, continues to gain luxury-infused momentum since its opening last November, offering groups an elegant all-inclusive option with five restaurants, five pools, a swim up bar and easy access to ‘El Poblado,’ a popular entertainment and recreation area. The hotel is the first Riu Palace of the new luxury line, which boasts all of Riu’s classic amenities for meeting/incentive groups with a new upscale design and vibe.
In addition to F&B, the all-inclusive option allows groups into the onsite Pacha night club and casino. Total meeting space is 8,866-sf.
The waterfront beach resort is situated within close reach of tropical forests, heavenly beaches and volcanoes. The RIU Guanacaste hotel is located adjacent to the property, a simple option for citywide meetings on a master account. We emailed Communications Manager Laura Robles Landis to find out about group options.
Can you tell us the overall vibe of the resort?
Guests of the Riu Palace Costa Rica hotel are able to experience the perfect fusion between luxury and nature under the 24 hour all-inclusive program. The external building, surrounded by mountains and lush green gardens, represents the classical European architecture and the interior design of the hotel reflects the ecosystem of the region. The flora and fauna of Guanacaste is represented through the paintings and sculptures located within the hotel and its grounds.
What are the unique selling points for groups at the Riu Palace Costa Rica?
- The renowned 24 hours all-inclusive service by RIU
- Excellent food quality
- Room Service 24 hours
- Four specialty restaurants, one main buffet and the new bar ‘Lounge 24’
- Free WiFi in the lobby area and rooms
- Our Riu Palace Costa Rica hotel clients have access to the Riu Guanacaste hotel
- Convention center on property with capacity up to 740 people
What is included in the all-inclusive package for groups?
The RIU All Inclusive package for groups includes the room night, all the meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner), taxes and tips. In addition, we also offer the following comp service:
- Complimentary room for every 25 rooms paid (room #26 is free)
- Welcome sign
- Fruit Basket & Wine for VIP
- Private check-in (Minimum 20 rooms arriving at same time)
- Welcome drink for group at check-in
- Personalized assistance from hotel staff for group activities prior and during group stay
- Complimentary mini bar
What feedback from groups/planners?
We have received very good comments about our service and gastronomic offerings.
Can you tell us about the green/eco/sustainability programs?
RIU Hotels & Resorts works on a daily basis to develop its business in a way that is progressively more responsible towards the environment and the surrounding communities in Guanacaste. Some of the projects specially designed to ensure efficiency and savings in energy and water consumption, protect biodiversity and avoid pollution are:
- Support of protection programs for endangered species allowing the recovery of the flora and fauna
- Active participation in the coral reef restoration program at Playa Matapalo
- Continual environmental training and awareness programs amongst customers and employees
- New uses of purified water, boosting efficiency in water consumption per guest
- Use of ozone laundry which reduces energy, water and chemical consumption
- Recognized and certified as a sustainable company by the National Tourism Institute of Costa Rica
- “Blue Flag” Certification for having Costa Rica’s third cleanest beach
Can you tell us about fun/unique outdoor spaces and venues?
The RIU Complex in Guanacaste offers a convention center specially designed for all types of meetings/events and it offers an air-conditioned conference center with 8,866 square feet of flexible meeting space.
In the hotel we can provide you with any kind of conference technology. A full range of audiovisual equipment is available, including video screen, microphone, audio system, flip charts, LCD projector and podium. Additional charges apply for these rentals.
The Riu Palace Costa Rica also offers a beautiful and unique area on its fourth floor terrace. The venue faces the mountains, which seem to wrap around you while allowing room for a nice breeze during the afternoon and night.
The whole complex is surrounded by lush gardens and offers a spectacular view of the ocean. It is perfect for outdoor activities, as rally’s or special concerts.