Rick Moonen, Gail Simmons & Hubert Keller
Hosted by MGM Resorts International in Las Vegas, the annual FOOD & WINE All-Star Weekend has grown into a world class event highlighted by MGM’s roster of celebrity chefs, such as: Masa Takayama, Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Hubert Keller, Rick Moonen, Michael Mina, Shawn McClain and more. This year’s epicurean extravaganza runs October 5-7 and we’re heading over for the series of 12 food and wine events at ARIA Resort & Casino, Bellagio, MGM Grand and Mandalay Bay.
For meeting and conference planners, there are few hotel groups in any one city that can bring this kind of star power to your dine-around. Actually, we’re trying to think of any other single hotel group in any other city, period, that can offer this 1-stop F&B fantasy camp. Stay tuned for our updates this weekend and during IMEX America in Las Vegas next week following the Food & Wine All-Star event.
Kicking off Friday, October 5, the weekend will be hosted by FOOD & WINE’s Gail Simmons and the above lineup of top chefs, along with MGM’s stellar array of sommeliers and mixologists.
“It’s wonderful to work with such a talented roster of chefs and sommeliers,” says Jason Smith, Bellagio’s wine director. “This event gets bigger and better every year, and this will be the best All-Star Weekend yet.”
So if you’re in town and free this weekend, here’s a sample of the incredible events this year:
- Surfside Soirée at Mandalay Bay Beach: Enjoy signature recipes by a collection of the world’s greatest chefs at an extraordinary beachside tasting event at Mandalay Bay Beach. Savor culinary creations from some of Vegas’ most talented celebrity chefs including Rick Moonen, Hubert Keller and Michael Mina. Live music and cocktails will complement the spectacular dishes at an unforgettable Vegas beach party. Time: 7-10 pm at Mandalay Bay Beach.
- All-Star Lunch at Sage: Join ARIA’s stable of powerhouse chefs including Masa Takayama, Shawn McClain, Jean-Philippe Maury, Michael Mina, Julian Serrano and Jean-Georges Vongerichten as they prepare your one-of-a-kind meal served in the alluring ambiance of Sage. Time: 12:30-2:30 pm at Sage in ARIA.
- Four Farms, Three Chefs, Two Brothers, One Table at Sensi: Zolo Grill Executive Chef Brett Smith teams up with his brother and Bellagio’s Master Sommelier, Jason Smith, to deliver an unforgettable food and wine event as Bellagio’s stunning Grand Patio will be transformed into a farmhouse. Brett Smith will be in the kitchen with Sensi Executive Chef Royden Ellamar as they will create a distinctive and unforgettable menu utilizing seasonal ingredients from their favorite farms. Time: 11:30 am-1:30 pm, October 6 at Bellagio’s Grand Patio.
- Ultimate Champagne and Sashimi at barMASA: Michelin-starred Chef Masa Takayama will provide ultra-fresh sashimi to complement a tasting of the world’s best champagnes. Stay late for the Toro Caviar, Chef Masa’s signature dish. Time: 3 pm-4:30 pm, October 6 at barMASA inside ARIA.
- Master Sommeliers Who Make Wine at Bellagio: In the world of wine, there is no higher accreditation one can receive than the Master Sommelier Diploma and only 129 Master Sommeliers currently exist in the United States. A recent development from this talented group has been the expansion into winemaking with several people now producing their own wine label. You will have the opportunity to taste many of these wines and hear from the Master Sommeliers turned winemakers in this exciting seminar. Time: 3-4:30 pm, October 5 at Tuscany Kitchen in Bellagio.
- Tequila Tasting Happy Hour: Feeling spicy? Diego Restaurant is hosting a zesty Tequila Tasting Happy Hour with our own Chopped Champion, Chef Christina Olivarez. Enjoy tasting over 15 different types of tequila along with some of the Chef’s culinary specialties. Bring your sombrero and get ready to salsa! Time: 5-7 pm, October 5 at Diego inside MGM Grand.
- Aureole Seasonal Pasta Demonstration: Join Aureole Executive Chef Vincent Pouessel as he conducts an interactive demonstration on fall seasonal fare. Wines paired by Mandalay Bay Wine Director Christophe Tassan. Time: 3-4:30 pm, October 6 at Aureole inside Mandalay Bay.
Tickets can be purchased and the full event line-up can be found on Food & Wine’s All-Star Weekend website.