Meet Well – Las Vegas, NV
January 27-29, 2018
January 27-29, 2018
MGM Grand Stay Well
Las Vegas, NV
Meet Well, an exclusive two-day event hosted by Prevue in partnership with the Incentive Research Foundation, will bring 20 hand-selected senior-level meeting and incentive planners together to explore best-in-class practices for integrating wellness into events. If you—and your company—are passionate about wellness, this is the conference for you!
Among the highlights:
• You will be the first to explore “Purposeful Interior Design” as it relates to meetings and events, courtesy of Debra Duneier of EcoChi. Learn to blend modern evidence-based design principles (such as biomimicry and environmental psychology) with millennia-old design strategies (i.e. Chinese feng shui) to transform meeting spaces to enhance learning and well-being.
• Get the first look at the 2018 Trends in Incentives and Meetings paper by the Incentive Research Foundation and presented by CEO Melissa VanDyke.
• Deconstruct a banquet menu during a workshop led by Tracy Stuckrath of Thrive! Meetings & Events.
• Re-think one of your own events with a focus on stimulating the senses and integrating touches of wellness, during a session led by Dianne Devitt, NYU professor and head of DND Associates
• Experience firsthand how to incorporate yoga and mindfulness into an agenda by participating yourself.
• Enjoy MGM’s Stay Well Conference Center and spend two nights in a Stay Well room. Registration, accommodations and meals are provided, and attendees receive CEUs for their participation!
Saturday, January 27, 2018
12:30 p.m. Registration & lunch
1:30 – 4 p.m. Appointments with sponsors
4p.m. – 5 p.m.Welcome by MGM, introduction by Delos to the Stay Well concept, site inspection of MGM Grand
6 p.m.– 7:30 p.m.Opening cocktail reception at The Mansion featuring the Olukai amenity experience
Sunday, January 28, 2018
8:30 – 9 a.m. Meeting planner yoga with Dianne Devitt
9 – 9:45 a.m. Continental breakfast, wellness surprises, welcome by Barbara Scofidio of Prevue
9:45 – 10 a.m. Meet Melissa Van Dyke of the Incentive Research Foundation and our sponsors.
10 – 11 a.m. “Purposeful Interior Design” by Debra Duneier, Eco Chic Learn Learn to blend modern evidence-based design principles (such as biomimicry and environmental psychology) with millennia-old design strategies (i.e. Chinese feng shui) to transform meeting spaces to enhance learning and well-being.
11 a.m. – noon “Workshop: Choose an Event & Re-think It” led by Dianne Devitt, NYU professor and head of DND Associates Each attendee will bring info on one of his or her events and re-create with a focus on stimulating the senses and integrating elements of wellness.
12 – 1 p.m. Stay Well Lunch/Meet the Chef
1 – 1:30 p.m. “2018 Meeting & Incentive Trends” by Melissa Van Dyke, CEO, Incentive Research Foundation Be among the first to see this just-released research.
1:30 – 1:45 p.m. Re-energize with Dianne Devitt
1:45 – 2:45 p.m. “Workshop: Deconstruct a Banquet Menu” led by Tracy Stuckrath, Thrive! Meetings & Events
2:45 – 3 p.m. Wrap up
6 – 9 p.m. Dinearound at MGM Grand (appetizers at FiAMMA, main course at Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak and dessert at Morimoto)
Monday, January 29, 2018
Depart at Leisure
As founder and chief food officer of Thrive!, Tracy Stuckrath, CSEP, CMM, CHC helps organizations worldwide understand how food and beverage (F&B) affects risk, employee/guest experience, company culture and the bottom line. As a speaker, consultant, author and event planner, she is passionate about inclusive F&B that satisfies everyone’s needs.
Tracy serves on the Slow Food Atlanta board of directors and chaired the FARE Walk for Food Allergy Atlanta for five years.
For her work around food and beverage in the meetings industry, Tracy was named a 2016 Meetings Industry Change Maker, one of the Top 25 Women in the meetings industry in 2015 and a 2014 Industry Trendsetter.
In her spare time, when she is not traveling the world or teaching a healthy, farm-fresh and allergy-free cooking classes and interacts with local and national chefs, she’s with her nieces and nephew or 95 year-old grandmother in NC.
Debra Duneier is the Founder and President of EcoChi, specializing in Purposeful Interior Design with a focus on wellness, sustainability and the human experience. She is the creator of the EcoChi® system of design and EcoChi 180° Seal, which uniquely incorporates Green and Sustainability, Environmental Psychology and Classical Feng Shui.
The EcoChi 180° Seal is a differentiating certification for existing buildings and new construction, recognizing the successful implementation of eighteen customized guidelines. For both public and private spaces, the EcoChi approach to design demonstrates a commitment to people and the planet.
Debra is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council, the Vice Chair for the Sustainability Initiative for the Global Wellness Institute and a judge for the Green Spa Network 2017 Awards. She has served as a board director for the Women Builders Council and was the first elected secretary on the Corcoran Group Advisory Council.
Debra’s training, background and perspective have made her a resource on topics including: Feng Shui, Real Estate, Wellness and Green Design for media outlets including Martha Stewart Radio, Brokers Weekly, Social Life Magazine, Barons.com, CNBC, MSNBC, CBS, SpaFinder.com, HealthyRadio.net, Inhabitat, Huffington Post, GreenCityChallenge.org, Better Homes and Gardens TV, and the Associated Press.
A highly experienced businesswoman and entrepreneur, Debra has successfully built and run several companies including Debra Hope Creations, the exclusive supplier of unique gift items to the United States Armed Forces. Earlier in her career, she became one of the first women in the United States to earn the title of Certified Gemologist by the American Gem Society.
Debra is an accredited LEED Green Associate, a Certified Eco-Designer, a Graduate Gemologist, a licensed New York State real estate broker and a Master Practitioner of Feng Shui. She is the author of the award-winning book EcoChi: Designing the Human Experience and the Feng Shui expert on Natural Reboot, a reality show on the Z Living Network available in 169 countries worldwide.
Dianne Budion Devitt
DND Group, Inc
Dianne Budion Devitt, founder of The DND Group, Inc. specializes in experiential design and direction for live event engagement and marketing communication. Dianne is a producer, educator and speaker, known for her unique style blending creativity and vision. A best-selling author of What Color is Your Event?, a resource for meeting design and how to apply impactful creative ideas, Dianne launched the first SenseUP! summit in April 2016 on sensory engagement and has designed an industry accredited workshop on meeting design called ColorUP!.
Dianne has been an adjunct professor at New York University for over 25 years and was a recipient of NYU’s Award for Teaching Excellence. Dianne has led, participated and managed teams for global events including the 1st European Games in Baku, Azerbaijan; the Vietnam 50th Commemorative Anniversary; the Apollo 40th Commemorative for MIT; and the Clinton Global Initiative.
A past president of the Greater New York chapter of Meeting Professionals International, she was inducted in to the chapter’s Hall of Fame. She is also a board member of the Metro New York Special Events Society and the National Speakers Association NYC chapter.
Melissa Van Dyke
Melissa Van Dyke has been president of the IRF for over 6 years, during which time she has proudly helped triple the organization’s research and education footprint. As president, Melissa has responsibility for all day-to-day operational, financial and marketing aspects of the organization. She came to the IRF from her position as managing consultant of the Employee Engagement Practice at Maritz. Prior to this, Melissa held leadership positions in Solution Management, Product Development and Business Technology Solution Management and as a senior business process and technology consultant for Ernst & Young LLP. She authored the chapter on “Using Non Monetary Awards to Support Business Behaviors that Drive Results” in the sixth edition of the Compensation Handbook.
Registration is closed for the 2018 Meet Well
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What makes Prevue's Visionary Summits different from other live events?
How do I qualify to attend a Visionary Summit?
Do I receive CEUs for attending?
Who will be attending the Visionary Summit?
Is there a cost associated with attending the Visionary Summit?
May I arrive early or extend my stay?
May I bring a guest?
What should I wear?
Who do I contact with questions?
The designers of the Visionary Summits have spent the past 20 years creating education for all the leading industry associations, and saw a growing need for elevated education for experienced planners. Our goal has been to create top-notch sessions, to offer attendees input on the topics they wish to learn about, and to give them the chance to speak freely with their equally experienced peers in a non-commercial setting.
- Prevue’s Visionary Summits attract a high percentage of direct planners, so they can benchmark with each other about their departments and organizations. Our corporate planner attendees span every industry, from financial services to pharma to tech.
- Our attendees bring years of knowledge to the table; the average attendee had 18 years of planning experience. To challenge this group, session topics are strategic, not logistical—from high-level budgeting to how the senses affect learning—and always interactive. Our approach is to tap the knowledge in the room, not speak down to them but to learn from them.
- Planners receive an average of 5.5 CEUs from the Convention Industry Council for participating.
- Our sponsor-planner ratio is intentionally the lowest of all events. Our sponsors are an active part of the conversation, participating in the roundtables and sharing their own experiences with the groups. This is not an appointment-focused event, it’s an educational one.
- Our networking events and meals showcase the latest trends in the industry, from incorporating mixologists and chefs into the event to highlighting amenities with a socially responsible mission. Our goal is to give attendees fresh ideas to take back to their own meetings.
Prevue’s Summits unlike any other events in this industry. Learn why by attending one in 2018!
“This event surprised me as it was not your typical industry event. The meetings were very energizing and positive, we learned a great deal while having fun in the process!”
“This was my 2nd time attending [Meet Well] A PREVUE EVENT and they just keep getting better! I found the information and forum very valuable. Well organized from start to finish.”
“The program was very well organized from start to finish. The knowledge, information and resources obtained from the meeting exceeded my expectations.”
“Fantastic! Thank you to organizers and sponsors! Would love to attend a future event.”
MEET BARBARA SCOFIDIO – The Visionary behind the Visionary Summit Series
For 20 years, Prevue Editor Barbara Scofidio has worked with GBTA, Site and other industry organizations to design and deliver education for meeting and incentive planners. Currently on the Education Committee of FICP.
She can be reached at: