The new Event Tech Bible offers 1,001 tips for maximizing event technology—everything from apps to social media to registration tools.
The Event Tech Bible can be downloaded for free—and you get 2 CEUs from the Events Industry Council. Here are 6 awesome ideas from author Julius Solaris.
- Imagine how local excursions for your group could be enhanced by the use of VR headsets. If could bring history to life and transport your guests back to another era, to give a much better understanding of the area.
- Concierge apps let attendees speak a question like “What session is up next?” and have an instantaneous answer. This is so convenient they can do it as they’re walking down the hall trying to decide where they want to go.
- Use beacons to offer personalized messages based on the time an attendee arrives at the venue. For instance, if they arrive early, they could get a message letting them know where coffee is being served and encouraging them to relax in the lounge. Attendees arriving close to the conference start time could be prompted to go straight to the main room as the conference is about to begin.
- Virtual swag enables codes to be issued and gifts obtained when the attendee is at home or at the office, making it more convenient to redeem. This means that mean that less unwanted swag ends up dumped in the trash.
- Give your attendees a lanyards with a phone charger incorporated and keep everyone connected.
- Take deeper dives into content and discussion points after the conference by creating documents that everyone can contribute to. Ask them to contribute the key points they took away from the session, further questions it raised, useful reading and other resources people can refer to, and so forth.