Caroline Beteta, president & CEO of Visit California, recently sat down with Prevue to share some eye-opening stats about her state.
Prevue Editorial Director Laurel Herman recently met with Caroline Beteta, president & CEO of Visit California, who shared insights into the California Meetings brand. Beteta discussed how California has led the way in safety under the leadership of Governor Gavin Newson and how the meetings industry in the state has made safety a top priority. She also emphasized that California works for all sizes and types of meetings and noted that sharing a culture of inclusivity and collaboration, which she says fuels innovation, is paramount.
“We are fully open or business and looking forward to welcoming back groups,” said Beteta.
Here are 5 things planners might not know about California—and key reasons to hold a meeting or incentive program there:
1) California has been a leader in safety protocols, with two of its main gateway cities—Los Angeles and San Francisco—requiring vaccinations for indoor group events.
2) There are 6,445 hotels and more than 10 million sq. ft. of convention space.
3) Its 27 commercial airports offer more than 2,000 direct flights every day, making it easy to get to your destination.
4) The state is a leader in green, sustainable meetings with a Responsible Travel code that asks and advises delegates to stay safe and be respectful of others and the environment when visiting.
5) California’s 12 distinct regions feature beaches, mountains, deserts, small towns and big cities. Plus, the year-round climate affords the opportunity to use the state’s multitude of outdoor spaces for events.
You Might Also Be Interested In