These new hotels and renovations are open and ready to wow attendees as meetings come back online.
Here are 100 of the latest new hotel properties, as well as some that have undergone extensive renovations, are now opening their doors for groups.
1. Miraval Berkshires Resort & Spa, Lenox—Massachusetts’ Berkshires region is known for its wellness retreats, being home to the famed Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health. The Miraval Berkshires Resort & Spa in Lenox features healthy dining and cooking classes, horseback riding, yoga and outdoor fitness activities. And, of course, spa treatments of every description. Special touches in the guest rooms, from meditation cushions to Tibetan singing bowls, reinforce to guests daily that they are on a wellness journey—and this is not just any hotel.
2. Chatwal Lodge, Catskills—For the top-level incentive winner, the new Chatwal Lodge in the Catksill Mountains (90 minutes north of Manhattan), is the sister property of New York City’s Chatwal. Located on 30 acres with views of Toronto Reservoir Lake, it will feature “rustic luxe” appointments such as vaulted ceilings, reclaimed-wood walls and faux fur upholstery. Guest can choose from an organic, locally sourced menu and there is an intimate function space for groups.
3. Four Seasons One Dalton Street
The new 61-story Four Seasons One Dalton Street, located in Boston in the center of Back Bay, offers travelers an indoor pool, a spa, and the onsite property Zoma.Event planners can choose between two ballrooms and five function rooms, all of which offer floor-to-ceiling windows; plus, two of the meeting rooms offer outdoor terraces for a total of 10,825 square feet.For those planning incentive travel, the property’s team can put together an array of creative ideas for both onsite and off-site experiences that offer both networking and team-building opportunities. In addition, with The Massachusetts College of Art and Design’s seven gallery spaces near the hotel, the Four Seasons One Dalton Street team can help you coordinate an exclusive tour or reception at the gallery for your group.
Guests can also take in the onsite art collection and the Wellness Floor, which features a spa, an indoor lap pool and a fitness center.
4. Newbury Boston
The Newbury Boston opened earlier this year with 16,000 square feet of meeting and event space with views of the city’s famed Public Gardens. The event venues range from the 3,800-square-foot The Assembly ballroom to the intimate The Ivy Room, a private ground floor space with separate VIP entrance. The F&B offerings are curated by the Major Food Group. Space for groups to meet and relax include The Street Bar, The Library, offering literary reads curated by the Boston Public Library, and The Newbury Salon, which offers afternoon tea.
5. Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City Atrium Tower
This spring, Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City introduced a brand-new spa and three dining, nightlife and entertainment concepts as well as the new Atrium Tower. The new offerings opened in time for Memorial Day weekend, with the first phase of the Atrium Tower project slated for completion later in the summer. The all-new Atrium Tower is part of Caesars Entertainment’s commitment to $170 million in hotel renovations in the Atlantic City market. Offering views of the city, the Tower’s remodeled guestroom and suites range from 450-700 sf. Meanwhile, The Spa at Harrah’s Resort features 23 treatment rooms and wet zones. The Lobby Bar has doubled the size of the existing bar and will offer an extensive menu; the Baywalk at Harrah’s Resort offers live music, selections from the new Rum Point Crab House’s raw bar, and drinks along the water; and there is a new dining and nightlife experience at the resort’s Pool at Harrah’s featuring performance artists, interactive musical entertainers, aerialists and DJs.
6. Wildflower Farms
Auberge Resorts Collection has been appointed to manage this new resort set on 140 secluded acres in New York’s Hudson Valley. Located 90 minutes from New York City, the resort will be focused on nature and wellness. The grounds will include orchards, animals, heirloom gardens, a namesake farm and fields of wildflowers throughout. Upon opening in Fall 2022, Wildflower Farms, Auberge Resorts Collection will feature guesthouses, source-origin cuisine, and outdoor experiences, as well as over 15,00 square feet of event space.Wildflower Farms will sit where the Hudson River Valley meets the foothills of the Catskill mountain range, which can be reached by car from New York and Boston. The property offers views of Shawangunk Ridge, or ‘The Gunks,’ and a flowing river along the forest’s edge. The resort will feature 65 freestanding accommodations built in nature and surrounded by white pines and native perennials.
The free-standing bungalows, cottages and suites will be outfitted with natural materials and amenities including wood-clad ceilings and floors, nubby wool fabrics, window seats, fireplaces, wood decks, private patios and fire pits.Guests will be able to participate in seasonal activities, from thrilling outdoor adventures to wellness offerings. Wildflower Farms will feature tennis courts, a pavilion-style open-air gym with a movement studio and miles of dedicated hiking trails. Plus a 9,000-sq.-ft. Auberge Spa including outdoor hot tubs and an indoor saltwater pool. The resort also offers nearby access to the Mohonk Preserve, a private reserve known for hiking, biking and world-class rock climbing.
The on-site restaurant will feature a bar, an open kitchen and farm-based cuisine. Guests will be able to have hands-on experiences such as foraging, organic vegetable farming, cooking classes and picnics around the property.
7. The Opus
Located in White Plains, N.Y., The Opus, Westchester, an Autograph Collection Hotel, celebrated its ribbon cutting ceremony in May. The Opus features 146 guest rooms, including 38 luxury suites.The property’s lobby bar offers cocktails and small bites. For fine dining, guests can check out the rooftop restaurant Kanopi, located on the 42nd floor with floor-to-ceiling views of the New York skyline, Hudson Valley, and the Long Island Sound. Here, guests will experience tasting menus, wine parings and a farm-to-table dining experience featuring influences from Portugal. In addition, the hotel’s rooftop pool area offers 360-degree views and will offer guided water fitness and poolside mediation. Guests can also enjoy various wellness options such as the Opus signature sound baths, plus the on-site gym will feature two Peloton bikes.The property offers 10,000 square feet of meetings and events space.
8. Fifth Avenue Hotel
Located on West 28thStreet and Fifth Avenue, the Fifth Avenue Hotel is expected to open in the fall. The 24-story, new-built tower will offer 24 guest rooms in the previous existing 6-story landmarked building and an additional 153 rooms in the new tower.The older building will also house a multi-level restaurant with a spiral staircase leading to the former bank vaults. Other features include an indoor/outdoor atrium, the Library Bar and a 5,000-square-foot ballroom with a conservatory terrace.
9. M Social Times Square
Earlier this year, M Social Times Square New York opened, marking the brand’s first property in the U.S.The 480-guest room hotel is located in Times Square in New York City, walking distance to attractions such as Broadway, the Theater District, Central Park and Fifth Avenue. The property offers guests various spaces to gather, including outdoor venues with views of the city. Home to the bar and lounge, Beast & Butterflies, this 7,500-sq.-ft. wrap-around terrace, adjacent to an indoor glass perch, is located above Times Square offering views of the city, a cocktail menu and light bites.M Social New York features an art collection, and the lobby showcases a digital art installation, which combines architecture, contemporary art and technology on 32 digital screens that continuously display a curated library of digital art.
10. Grand Adirondack Hotel
Located on Lake Placid’s Main Street, the historic Hotel North Woods will reopen this fall, after undergoing a renovation, under a new name, Grand Adirondack Hotel, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. The redesigned 92-room property also features a redesigned lobby, new food and drink concepts, a rooftop bar with views of Mirror Lake, Whiteface Mountain, the High Peaks, and five Olympic venues. The Grand Adirondack Hotel will offer several new dining options including Marcy, a brasserie-style restaurant featuring locally sourced and farm-procured ingredients; Marcy Bar will feature small plates, craft beers, cocktails and live music. Private dining will also be available for corporate meetings and events.In addition, the property will feature artwork from celebrated and local artists. Pieces from James Prosek, whose first book “Trout: An Illustrated History” will be displayed in guest rooms, while works from award-winning watercolorist Sarah Yeoman are featured on stationery and other guest amenities.
11. Virgin Hotels New York City
A new build, Virgin Hotels New York City will feature 500 guest rooms, meeting spaces and multiple F&B venues, including the brand’s flagship space, Commons Club. For meetings, Virgin Hotels embraces outside-the-box thinking with ping-pong meeting tables, fitness video games, hallway mini golf and life-sized Jenga. Additionally, this unique brand offers common lounge areas, personalized catering, and customizable meeting spaces.
12. LIVE! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia—Nestled in the heart of Philadelphia’s Stadium Entertainment District and spanning 1.5 million sq. ft., Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia made its debut in February. Live! offers groups 208 guest rooms, 11 dining outlets and multiple bars, and sprawling meeting and event space. ”Live! Casino & Hotel Philadelphia includes a luxury, 12-story, 208-room hotel, a variety of dining and entertainment options, and a six-room Event Center featuring 15,000 square feet of customizable meeting space that can accommodate groups of 12 to 1,000 guests.
13. The Industrialist, Pittsburgh—Housed in the 18-story historic Arrott building, The Industrialist Hotel is one of the few boutique properties in downtown Pittsburgh. The hotel’s name, “The Industrialist,” honors the city’s legacy for American ingenuity while capturing the story of the new Industrialists who are reinventing Pittsburgh into what it is today. The hotel’s accommodations and amenities comprise 124 guest rooms, including 3 stylish suites, a vibrant lobby bar, fitness center and signature modern American restaurant, The Rebel Room. The Industrialist also features more than 1,200 square feet of multi-purpose event space for meetings and social events.
14. Hutton Brickyards
Newly opened this year is the Hutton Brickyards, which offers luxury cabins or cottage options, a spa, outdoor activities and plenty of waterfront vistas as well as a variety of meeting venues and corporate retreat options in New York’s Hudson Valley. Attendees can take part in various activities as the property is home to an archery range and a croquet lawn as well as bikes, places to hike and go kayaking, paddleboarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and running. There’s also outdoor yoga, Pilates and a beekeeping activity. In addition, attendees can take part in more creative activities such as an architectural floral design class or a sip and paint experience. To wind down, the onsite spa features river-view saunas and there are plenty of dining options including open-air River Pavilion, which offers wood-fired and grilled options.
15. The Ven at Embassy RowRecently opened in Washington, D.C., is The Ven at Embassy Row, located on Dupont Circle overlooking Embassy Row’s mansions.The Ven offers three meeting spaces, and will soon offer an on-demand tea ceremony, as well as rotating art from local, national, and international artists.
This 231-guest-room-and-suites property features a rooftop pool, personalized scented sachet bags with oils derived from the flowers and plants native to the countries of the surrounding embassies, and The Exchange gift shop that offers unique and curated items. In addition, four times daily guests will be able to take part in the experience of the Northern Lights through a digital light installation and guided meditation.
This fall, the property will be launching Fred & Stella, a restaurant in a living room setting that will offer local and fresh bites.
16. Keswick Hall, Charlottesville—Keswick Hall in Charlottesville, Va., has reopened. Built in 1912, the resort has been expanded and transformed, including a new guest wing that increases the number of rooms to 80, re-imagined resort grounds overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains, new infinity-edge dual-level pool with a waterfall and a new restaurant helmed by legendary Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
17. Delta Hotels Virginia Beach Bayfront Suites—Delta Hotels Virginia Beach Bayfront Suites is the only hotel on the Chesapeake Bay with its own private beach. The hotel is an all-suite property, with 295 spacious suites, many with bay views and balconies. The hotel is home to a signature restaurant, Tin Cup Kitchen + Oyster Bar, serving fresh, locally sourced oysters, fish and coastal cuisine, along with craft cocktails. The property has 12,257 square feet of flexible indoor and outdoor event space.
18. Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
After a $64 million guest room renovation, the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center reopened with redesigned rooms, new menus, a new rooftop venue and seasonal hotel experiences. All of the 1,996 guest rooms and suites have been updated, and the updated culinary offerings feature local food including Maryland’s blue crabs and honey harvested from the resort’s rooftop hives. Cheese is also sourced from Maryland farms.
Replay, an 80s themed pop-up bar on the rooftop features neon lights, retro arcade games, and 80s music while offering summer beverages and PB&J milkshakes, boozy popsicle push-pops and more.
Ranging from 8,000 to 50,000 square feet, the property’s ballrooms can be divided into intimate spaces and breakout rooms. The total event space at the property is 546,889 square feet, 94 event rooms, and a maximum of 101 breakout rooms with a capacity for up to 10,000 in the largest space.
19. Cambria Hotel Ocean City—The eight-story, 137-room Cambria Hotel Ocean City – Bayfront is just steps from the Boardwalk, as well as two classic amusement parks and beachside shopping Other features include a rooftop bar with ocean views. and outdoor recreational area with fire pits, guest rooms overlooking the Isle of Wight Bay, a fitness center and pools, and more than 2,400 square feet of meeting and event space.
20. AC Hotel Washington D.C. Convention Center—The AC Hotel Washington D.C. Convention Center is a 13-story, 234-room hotel that had planned to house comvention-goers from the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. For now, that strategy has shifted to leisure travelers and “work-cation” customers—a new category consisting of people forced to work from home who need a break from their routines.
21. Lyle Washington D.C.—Lyle Washington D.C. has opened in the Dupont Circle neighborhood. The 196-room hotel features an onsite restaurant and bar, plus several meeting and event spaces. The guest rooms and Penthouse Suite feature Art Deco headboards and rattan seating, while the bathrooms offer D.S Durga amenities. Event spaces, such as The Private (240 square feet), can accommodate private dinners—it features red tones on the walls, ceiling, and floor, and a custom black-and-white dining table. The Parlor (720 square feet), located on the first floor, is a less formal space that can be used for meetings or private dinners for larger parties. The lower ground area offers several event and breakout room spaces that feature a more residential decor, rather than a traditional meeting space, for a more apartment-like feel.
22. The Joseph, Nashville—This new Luxury Collection hotel is located steps from Nashville’s Music City Center and the Nashville Symphony. The 297-room hotel features more than 1,000 pieces from The Pizzuti Collection, one of world’s leading collections of contemporary art, and private, signature experiences such as a bespoke boot designing session with premier leathery Lucchese in their VIP design studio. The Joseph’s culinary program is led by James Beard Award-winning chef Tony Mantuano and wine and hospitality expert Cathy Mantuano, who aim to bring la bella figura, Italy’s beautiful way of living, to The Joseph’s dining and events. For example, every week, guests can experience “King of Cheese,” the ceremonial cutting of a perfectly aged, 80-pound wheel of Parmigiano-Reggiano, and share an aperitivo with the couple.
23. Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis—Located on the corner of Memphis’ Beale Street and Front Street, the new Hyatt Centric Beale Street Memphis has 227 guest rooms, including 12 suites, feature oversized windows with views of the Memphis skyline and the Mississippi River. For events and meeting spaces, the property features 9,000 square feet of flexible space. The meeting space can accommodate up to 450 attendees for meetings, and up to 500 for receptions and social events. In addition, the Event Lawn offers 3,500 square feet of outdoor space overlooking the Mississippi River and pool deck.
24. Grand Bohemian Hotel Greenville—The Grand Bohemian Hotel Greenville is located at the entrance of Greenville’s Falls Park, where the Reedy River begins. The property looks like a traditional park lodge in order to preserve the nature of its surroundings. This 187-room and 30-suite property features balconies in many guest rooms, and also features the Poseidon Spa, indoor and outdoor event spaces, and a two-story restaurant and bar. There will be indoor meeting and pre-function space available for groups, as well as an outdoor lawn for special events.
25. Virgin Hotels New Orleans has opened in the Warehouse District. The new-build hotel will feature 230 guest rooms, the Common Club, a rooftop pool and lounge, a gym, and dedicated meeting and event spaces.
26. Kimpton Hotel Fontenot
Opened in May in New Orleans’ Central Business District, the 202-room Kimpton Hotel Fontenot features bold interiors throughout its public areas, a range of unique guest rooms and suites, and two onsite signature dining and cocktail concepts—Gospel Coffee and Boozy Treats, a neighborhood cafe serving a full range of coffee, tea and frozen cocktails as well as a collection of grab-and-go options; and the Peacock Room, featuring daily hosted social hour and performances by local musicians and artists. There’s also morning coffee and tea service for before the meetings, a 24-hour fitness center equipped with Peloton bikes and complimentary PUBLIC bike rentals for those who need to wind down in the afternoon. The boutique property is located near the New Orleans Earnest N. Morial Convention Center, featuring 1.1 million square feet of meeting and event space. The hotel itself offers tons of flexible space for breakout meeting needs and the Peacock Room can be used to host a working lunch or private dinner.
27. Virgin Hotels Nashville—Virgin Hotels, the lifestyle brand developed by Sir Richard Branson, recently opened in Nashville with 262 rooms, multiple food and beverage options, the brand’s signature Commons Club, and a rooftop lounge with a pool. “We’re thrilled to officially open our doors in the Music City,” said CEO James Bermingham. “We’ve taken measures above and beyond our standards to ensure our guests will feel comfortable, safe and well taken care of while still maintaining the quintessential experience travelers know and love.”
28. Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort
Opening this fall near the Great Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, the new 100,000-square-foot convention center at Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort features mountain views, while the lobby and exhibition hall and onsite ballrooms can be used for pre-function areas, plus there’s a 3,000-seat Event Center. In addition, attendees can enjoy 150,000 feet of gaming with live tables including blackjack, roulette, craps, and more.The property features 1,100 guest rooms, 10 restaurants, and a 18,000-square-foot Mandara Spa, as well as nine retail shops. Attendees also have access to the Eastern Band of Cerokee Indian-owned Sequoyah National Golf Club, and the resort also features the UltraStar Multi-tainmnet center, which features 24 bowling lanes, an arcade, and three bars.
29. JW Marriott Charlotte
In May, North Carolina welcomed its first JW Marriott in Charlotte. The JW Marriott Charlotte is located across from the city’s convention center and near local landmarks like the NASCAR Hall of Fame and Bank of America Stadium. On property, meeting planners have access to 14 event rooms with a total of 22,240 square feet of space. The largest event room has the capacity for 680 guests. Feauturing 381 guestrooms, including 34 luxury suites, the property also offers onsite dining including Dean’s Italian Steakhouse, Caroline’s Oyster Bar and a pub, the Aura Rooftop. There’s also the Spa by JW with six treatment rooms and a relaxation center, plus a 24-hour fitness center.
30. Grand Hyatt, Nashville—A game-changing project in Nashville is Nashville Yards and the development includes this 25-story Grand Hyatt. This new downtown district is anchored by Amazon’s office campus and an entertainment district similar to L.A. Live. It boasts 77,000 square feet of state-of-the-art event and pre-function space, and 591 rooms, including 53 suites, all with soundproof floor-to-ceiling windows.
31. Galt House Hotel—The legendary Galt House Hotel in Louisville has completed a property-wide $80 million renovation, including an overhaul of the West Tower, including 130,000 sf of meeting space, all 639 guest rooms, the lobby area and two of the hotel’s flagship restaurants, as well as the East Tower.
32. The Don CeSar—The Don CeSar has unveiled its multi-million-dollar renovation, which includes a refresh of meeting spaces, guest rooms, a new pool bar and rooftop deck, a full-service restaurant, and the 71-room, all-suite Beach House Suites by The Don CeSar. The renovated guest rooms incorporate a beach-inspired aesthetic and blush tones reflective of the hotel facade’s signature pink.
33. Margaritaville Hotel Jacksonville—Margaritaville Hotel Jacksonville, the first Margaritaville property to open this year, offers meeting spaces for an array of events ranging from business meetings, to corporate events and everything in-between. The Seagrass Meeting Room offers 1,700 square feet with room for 118 attendees. Plus, groups also have access to a business center.The 202-room oceanfront property, located near the Jacksonville Beach Amphitheater, offers panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean or hotel grounds from private terraces and patios. Guest rooms include King and Double Queen rooms, plus Oceanview rooms and Oceanfront Suites with wraparound balconies. Attendees can enjoy dining at three Margaritaville–inspired venues with ocean views and outdoor seating. When it’s time to relax, groups can head for the pool or sit near one of the outdoor fire pits.
34. Disney’s Riviera Resort—Disney’s Riviera Resort opened in December of 2020, offering groups a Parisian-style coffee shop, Le Petit Cafe, which turns into a wine bar by night, as well as Primo Piatto serving up breakfast and lunch, and Topolino’s Terrace—Flavors of the Riviera, a signature dining venue with panoramic views of Walt Disney World, and featuring a poolside bar. On the outdoor terrace, groups can take up a game of bocce ball, giant chess, or lawn snooker. The new Disney Skyliner—a gondola transportation system—easily transports guests from Disney’s Riviera Resort to nearby resorts, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and EPCOT.
35. Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island—The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, located in Northeast Florida, unveiled a renovation to offer refreshed meeting and event spaces, upgraded rooms and suites, and three new restaurants. The resort’s 446 guest rooms and suites were upgraded with Smart TVs, bedside charging stations and redesigned living areas. Guest room bathrooms were renovated with dual vanities, enlarged showers, and suites offering free-standing bathtubs. Recently opened eateries include Coquina, an al fresco restaurant with a terrace lounge and ocean view bar; Salt a five-diamond dining venue; and Coast, offering local seafood.
36. Lake Nona Wave Hotel
This fall, Lake Nona Wave Hotel is opening in Orlando within Lake Nona, known as a leading wellness center and community of the future. The new property will feature 216 guest rooms, 16 one-bedroom suites and two Penthouse Suites.
The property features 12,000 square feet of event space, which offers technology equipped for hosting hybrid events, plus complimentary WiFi 6 for meeting attendees.
Groups can go beyond the boardroom and enjoy the destination through enrichment classes from Chopra, an introduction to rock climbing or a lively evening at Boxi Park. And, event planners can also plan for social events on the roof-top pool deck or the garden setting offering a locale for gatherings under the canopy of almost 300 palm trees.
At this property, guests can experience Dr. Deepak Chopra’s Mind-Body Zone and Spa at Lake Nona Performance Club, relax in the rooftop pool deck featuring pastel-colored cabanas, or indulge in one of three dining venues and two cocktail bars. The lobby “Living Room” will feature a stadium staircase lounge within a pop-art designed space, communal workspaces, intimate seating areas, and a game room.
The hotel will debut with View Glass smart windows that tint using predictive intelligence in response to the sun and outdoor conditions, voice-automated in-room controls, TOTO Toilets, Healthe Inc. Cleanse Solutions that keep vital surfaces sanitized in-room tablets, keyless entry, and more.
Attendees who have forgotten their toothbrush, want to order food to be waiting in their room upon their arrival, or want to discover the many weekly enrichment events available to them will find this and more within the app. In addition, once guests step outside of the hotel, they’ll witness self-driving shuttles, robotic lawn mowers, super-fast free WiFi 6, Verizon 5G Innovation Hub and coming soon—an electric air ‘’taxi’’ network.
Located steps from the hotel is Dr. Deepak Chopra’s Mind-Body Zone and Spa, a first-of-its-kind for holistic wellness center. In addition, guests have access to miles of nature trails, a technogy-powered fitness studio, and the Lake Nona Performance Club, which is a 130,000 sf center of wellbeing, as well as an indoor performance training center for golfers, and a ROX rock-climbing gym.
Within a 5-minute drive, guests can visit USTA, the largest tennis facility in the nation; Nona Adventure Park, a water-based entertainment center with an inflatable aqua-park and obstacle course; and more.
37. Hotel Effie
Located in Northern Florida’s Emerald Coast along the state’s Panhandle, between the Gulf of Mexico and the Choctawhatchee Bay, the newly opened Hotel Effie features 250 guestrooms, a spa, a fitness center, and the area’s only rooftop pool as well as 20,000 sf of meeting space, including a 13,000-square-foot ballroom. This is in addition to the existing 30,000 square feet of function space located at the Baytowne Conference Center (part of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, Hotel Effie’s sister property). Onsite dining venues include Ovide, Ara Rooftop Pool & Lounge and Sweetbay Coffee, a coffee marketplace. Meeting attendees have full access to the amenities at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, including four golf courses, 15 tennis courts and a 123-slip marina.
38. Ridley House, Key West—Kimpton Key West, a collection of five boutique hotels located in and around Old Town and Duval Street, has added the Ridley House. Ridley House features 23 guest rooms spread across three historic homes—two Victorian and one Bahamian Eyebrow. Located in Key West’s Old Town, near Duval Street, Ridley House provides groups easy access to numerous water activities, as well as Key West’s nightlife. For group events, Kimpton Key West offers A Hemingway Affair, a private culinary experience available for small groups at the Lighthouse Hotel—opened in 2020 and located within walking distance. Parties of up to 14 guests can reserve this private dining experience in Hemingway Suite, which features a full kitchen where private chefs will cook a multi-course meal right in front of attendees.
39. White Elephant Palm Beach—Opened last November in Palm Beach, the White Elephant is the second location of Nantucket’s well-known resort. Billed as a contemporary interpretation of Mediterranean-revival architecture, it retains the feeling of a stately home. Intimate receptions for up to 40 attendees can be held in the Palm Suite with a large open-plan living space and expansive terrace.
40. Ponte Vedra Inn & Club—Ponte Vedra Inn & Club has added 41 luxurious beachfront rooms and suites in the new Ocean House and Peyton House. The new offering is a modern-day interpretation of this iconic 1928 property. Its Ocean Course, one of Florida’s oldest, also has undergone a renovation, which was overseen by celebrated golf course architect Bobby Weed.
41. The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes—A $30 million renovation at the The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes touches the guest rooms, pool and Club Lounge. The 582 guest rooms feature a new design inspired by the natural beauty of the property’s grounds, with touches such as photographic images of natural movement and stillness on water, sand, and the wide-open skies above Florida. Following the completion of the guest rooms, the property also renovated its sprawling pool and cabanas and the luxe Ritz-Carton Club Lounge.
42. Luminary Hotel + Co., Fort Myers—The first Autograph hotel in the Fort Myers-Naples area, Luminary Hotel + Co. features 243 guest rooms and is home to the signature Silver King Ocean Brasserie, as well as the Beacon Social Drinkery rooftop lounge, Ella Mae’s Diner, The Workshop culinary theater, an indoor and outdoor fitness facility and a fourth-floor pool overlooking the Caloosahatchee River. The 12-story hotel has more than 8,000 square feet of function space and is connected to the neighboring Caloosa Sound Convention Center & Amphitheater.
43. Sable at Navy PierViews of Sable at Navy Pier—Curio Collection by HiltonLocated on Chicago’s Navy Pier, the 223-room and -suite Sable at Navy Pier—Curio Collection by Hilton’s 100th property—has swung open its doors. The new property overlooks Lake Michigan and the Chicago skyline, and features a nautical theme incorporating the history of the city’s famous pier as well as the USS Sable, which during WWII was home-ported at the Navy Pier while serving as a training center for U.S. Navy recruits. Sable at Navy Pier has 4,300 sf of meeting and event space, plus it’s home to what the hotel says is the world’s largest rooftop bar and restaurant, the Offshore Rooftop & Bar. Take note: The property was designed to have three separate towers so there’s the option of renting an entire wing of the hotel for your group.
44. Hotel IndyOpening its doors in October 2021 in Indianapolis, Hotel Indy—Indiana’s first Tribute Portfolio by Marriot property—will be located at the former State Life insurance building.This 90-room hotel features six suites and more than 1,500 square feet of meeting space.Hotel Indy also features the first rooftop bar in downtown Indianapolis, plus Indy-inspired cocktails, craft brews, and locally sourced coffee as well as tasty eats. Inside, the property features a mix of gold, maroon, mint, and obsidian volcanic rock in its décor.
45. Cincinnati Marriott at River Center
Overlooking the Ohio River and the city’s skyline, the Cincinnati Marriott at River Center completed a multimillion-dollar renovation. In addition to being connected to the Northern Kentucky Convention Center, which has 100,000 sf of meeting and event space, the property itself offers nearly 13,000 square feet of space for group to gather. Newly renovated and offering floor-to-ceiling windows are the Riverview ballroom, which doubled in size to 4,200 square feet and features a waterfront balcony, and the Kentucky room, which expanded to 1,155 square feet. Groups can also meet in the 10 breakout rooms.
Other new additions include the 1,700-square-foot M Club, a 24/7 lounge for Marriott Bonvoy members; and the Marriott Greatroom, which offers food & beverage, WiFi access and other tech amenities.
46. Daxton Hotel, Birmingham, Mich.—Apraium Hotel Group’s 151-room Daxton Hotel is the vision of Mark Mitchell, a lifelong metro Detroit area resident who has pledged to create a hotel product in his local community that will set a new cultural standard for hospitality. The hotel’s “Minimalist-luxe” design will feature vibrant colors and 400 pieces of art. Each guest room will include at least two custom pieces of artwork from 160 artists representing 32 countries. The flagship restaurant Madam will feature enlightened American fare. A variety of meeting spaces can accommodate groups of up to 425.
47. Kinley Cincinnati Downtown—The new 94-room Kinley Cincinnati Downtown opened in a historic building located between downtown and the Over-the-Rhine neighborhood. Part of Vision Hospitality Group, it includes stylish amenities such as custom-designed mattresses, rainfall showers and intuitive technology. The hotel partnered with Cincinnati Art Underground to curate a collection of local art, including a centerpiece mural in the lobby by Cincinnati-based artist Andrey Kozakov.
48. Pendry Chicago—This new landmark Chicago hotel is ocated in the renovated Art Deco-style Carbide & Carbon Building in The Loop. Featuring 364 guest rooms and suites, Pendry Chicago features a signature restaurant and bar concept overseen by hospitality and nightlife pioneer, Andy Masi, and his Clique Hospitality group, a spectacular rooftop lounge, 12,000 sf of meeting space, curated fitness and wellness offerings and much more.
49. Le Meridien St. Louis Clayton—The 268-room Le Meridien St. Louis Clayton hotel is open after a multimillion dollar, full-scale transformation. The hotel features over 17,000 sf of meeting space, state-of-the-art fitness center with panoramic views of downtown St. Louis, open-air pool deck on the third floor, signature bar and restaurant, artwork from over 50 local and nationally acclaimed artists, and more.
50. Hotel Kansas City—The recently opened Hotel Kansas City is located in the iconic Kansas City Club building and the latest project from the Hyatt Unbound Collection. This boutique hotel has 144 Victorian-inspired guest rooms and a collection of event spaces that span a total of more than 20,000 sf including a 6,000-square-foot rooftop and the Tudor Ballroom with a stunning two-story stained glass mural.
51. Hotel Drover
Hotel Drover, an Autograph Collection Hotel, is open in the Fort Worth Stockyard’s National Historic District. The property gives guests the opportunity to dive into the historic destination as they dine on Texas-inspired cuisine, experience daily cattle drives on Exchange Avenue, visit the newly opened John Wayne Museum and enjoy rodeo shows and live music from local and national artists.The property offers about 40,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space. Groups can choose from five unique venues including The Barn, Legacy Hall, The Drover Boardroom, Vaquero Room and Ranchero Room. The Barn is an elegant 4,000-square-foot venue that offers vaulted ceilings, four custom Italian crystal chandeliers, a built-in bar, hand-placed Texas stone, and abundant natural lighting. The Barn has a lushly landscaped 2,500-square-foot outdoor lawn that overlooks Marine Creek and offers a custom clear tent to be utilized year-round.Hotel Drover showcases a rustic-luxe design throughout, honing in on the spirit of the West through various touch-points including its signature neon Cowboy installation by Austin’s famed Neon Jungle. On property there is also a 2-story lobby library filled with Texas-inspired books. The property features 200 guest rooms and spa suites such as the Presidential Suite, which offers an indoor and outdoor fireplace, or The Bunkhouse offering bunk suites featuring a king bed with a double overhead bunk. In addition, 26 suites offer oversized bronze soaking tubs, fireplaces, and expansive terraces.
Onsite, attendees can dine at 97 West Kitchen & Bar at Fort Worth Stockyards, which features contemporary Texas fare and Southern comfort foods such as sweet tea-marinated fried green tomatoes. The restaurant also offers an indoor Chef’s Table adjacent to the open-air kitchen, and an outdoor Chef’s Table located underneath a pergola overlooking Marine Creek. There’s also the Veranda Bar with outdoor seating overlooking Marine Creek, and the Lobby Bar for late-night drinks and snacks.
The property’s half-acre outdoor space, The Backyard, located along Marine Creek, offers attendees a heated pool and Jacuzzi, three private cabanas with hanging daybeds and custom chandeliers, fire pits, a creekside bar, and yard games—enough activities to dive into for a bleisure getaway. There will also be live music from the outdoor stage—The Backyard Unplugged. Onsite there are also retail spaces, and a fitness center complete with Peloton bikes and MIRROR.
Additional programming includes custom luggage tags that the hotel’s blacksmith can brand.
52. Kalahari Resorts and Conventions Round Rock
Recognized as America’s largest indoor waterpark resort (ideal for a bleisure family trip), the $550 million Kalahari Resorts and Conventions opened in November 2020. Featuring 975 guest rooms and a convention center with 200,000 square feet of flexible space, two ballrooms and 16 meeting rooms. There is also 50,000 square feet of outdoor event space available.Round Rock and the three other Kalahari Resorts—located in Wisconsin, Ohio, and Pennsylvania—feature an African theme with original art, sculpture, and furniture.Kalahari’s “All under one roof experience” makes it a popular bleisure group option as well. Among the family fun amenities are 20 pools, 30 waterslides. On property, guests can also enjoy a spa, an adventure park with thrill rides, ziplines, climbing walls, mini-golf, and laser tag. There are also 20 onsite dining options including the resort’s first Redd’s Piano Bar.
“Over the past 18 months the lines between work and life have bled together, and now more than ever organizations are seeking experiences for the entire family,” says Kyra Popp, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions assistant director of corporate.
53. Austin Marriott Downtown
The 31-story Austin Marriott Downtown opened in Texas’ capital city within easy access to the destination’s hippest venues. It features 613 guest rooms and 25 suites, an 18,000-square-foot exhibit hall with floor-to-ceiling windows that let the outdoor light in, and two 14,000-square-foot ballrooms. The hotel’s Next Gen Meeting Space initiative is tailored around your group’s specific needs—from socially distanced setups to large gathering options, and the hotel follows Marriott’s Connect with Confidence best practices for meetings and events.When it comes to its F&B offerings, there are handcrafted options that put the spotlight on local cuisine. Ideal for networking after-hours, Zanzibar, the hotel’s rooftop bar and pool, pays homage to Africa’s Spice Islands with a menu that features tiki cocktails and island-inspired small plates.
54. Beeman Hotel, Dallas—The 297-room Beeman Hotel in Dallas completed a $4 million, top-to-bottom renovation. Previously The Magnolia Hotel, it features an indoor pool with new outdoor area, new BBQ restaurant and 12,000 square feet of meeting space.
55. Thompson Dallas—Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, the 219-room Thompson Dallas is part of a $460 million historic preservation—the largest adaptive reuse preservation in the history of Texas—that’s transformed the iconic building (formerly the First National Bank Tower) into a modern destination. There’s a dining space on its ninth floor deck that overlooks the city, as well as two restaurants, and the fourth floor National Ballroom has 14,000 sf of meeting space with private suites that overlook the space.
56. ADERO Scottsdale—ADERO Scottsdale, an Autograph Collection Hotel, is Scottsdale’s first Dark Sky Zone resort, featuring elevated Sonoran Desert views of Arizona’s famed Four Peaks and McDowell Mountain Range. The six-story resort features 177 guest rooms positioned to take in the panoramic mountain vistas. Sunrise Guest Rooms in the adult-only wing feature a fireplace in each room. The 800-sf ADERO Presidential Suite is located on the top floor with views in every direction.
57. Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek—Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek unveiled a complete re-imagination of its guest rooms, suites and lobby. Led by renowned interior designer Thomas Pheasant, the redesign celebrates the quintessential charm of the original estate, built in 1925. 142 new, expertly appointed accommodations include the 2,650 sf indoor-outdoor Penthouse. There’s also a new bright and airy entry rotunda and lobby living room and a specially curated art collection of 50 custom works.
58. Omni Oklahoma City—The Omni Oklahoma City Hotel opened with 605 guest rooms 29 suites; 7 restaurants and a full-service Mokara Spa, right next door to the new Oklahoma City Convention Center and Chesapeake Energy Arena. The 17-story tower offers dramatic views of the 70-acre Scissortail Park and downtown skyline. There’s also 78,000 sf of flexible meeting, event and pre-function space.
59. Austin Proper—Austin Proper Hotel is housed within a contemporary 32-story high-rise and draws its inspiration from the area’s historic, Craftsman-style architecture. Upon entering the lobby, guests are greeted by an imposing wooden staircase covered in vintage carpets. The 244 rooms are defined by an eclectic mix of ceramics and artwork, with hardwood flooring and travertine sourced from Texan quarries. A fifth-floor rooftop pool deck is ideal for small receptions.
60. Canyon Madness Ranch, Roy, New Mexico—Canyon Madness Ranch is set on 14,000 acres in northeastern New Mexico. Guests will be able to participate in equestrian pursuits and a range of wilderness activities, from archery to hiking to river kayaking. The intimate property accommodates just 16 guests, and is ideal for a corporate retreat. It luxurious main house, known as Teepee Lodge, features twin teepee-shaped peaks and two balconies cantilevered over the edge of the river 800 ft below. Attendees will be pampered with a menu featuring ranch-raised meats and farm vegetables.
61. Rally Hotel, Denver—Located in Denver, The Rally Hotel is developed by the part owner of the Colorado Rockies baseball team, pays homage to its baseball roots as its name comes from a baseball superstition—the rally cap, where fans where their caps backwards or inside out as a talisman for their team to pull off a come-from-behind victory. The Rally features 176 guest rooms, including 29 suites, a rooftop pool and deck that overlooks Coors Field with views of the Rocky Mountains. The eighth floor will be known as the Mile High Floor and will feature a collection of rooms with an elevated design featuring dark woods and deep purples. And, the 21,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space can offer a range of boardrooms and ballrooms.
62. Kimpton Armory Hotel, Bozeman—In true Kimpton style, this 122-room property—its first in Big Sky Country—is located in a landmark National Guard Armory building, a fixture of the city skyline. It’s located near Yellowstone and offer numerous options for outdoor recreation. A highlight is the rooftop Sky Shed, a glass-enclosed restaurant with views of four different mountain ranges. Meeting spaces include a concert hall that can accommodate up to 600 people.
63. The Cloudveil, Jackson—Located on Jackson’s historic Town Square, The Cloudveil, an Autograph Collection hotel, pays homage the town’s locale. Located at the gateway to Grand Teton National Park, and in the center of the town’s boutique shops, restaurants and galleries, The Cloudveil has 100 guest rooms and suites; a bistro-style restaurant and bar; a rooftop terrace overlooking Jackson’s Town Square and Snow King Mountain; a tranquil outdoor pool and garden; and 7,500 sf of indoor-outdoor meeting and event space.
64. The Monsaraz San Diego
Opened in June, The Monsaraz San Diego, a Tapestry Collection by Hilton, features 92 guest rooms including three suites with views of the rolling hills of Point Loma, the bay and the downtown skyline.
Each guest room features mobile desks, which allow for guests to customize their work experience. Onsite common areas include a 4,000-square-foot open-air courtyard where guests can have cocktails by the fire, enjoy a weekend workout, live music, art installations, pop-up cooking classes and more. And, on the property’s third floor “Hideaway,” guests can take in the San Diego sunset while enjoying a cocktail. The 646-square-foot “Hideaway” also functions as a meeting space and private dining room.
The Monsaraz is also home to the Westerly Public House, a 60-seat Cali-Aussie concept that showcases coastal cuisine inspired by Aussie and SoCal beach culture. The menu offers a focus on sustainability and locally sourced ingredients.
65. Four Seasons Resort and Residences Napa
The Four Seasons Napa Valley is located within a functioning winery in Calistoga, 90 minutes from San Francisco. The property features 85 accommodations with fireplaces and balconies overlooking the winery and the Palisades Mountains as well as the 3,400-sf Estate Villa. Amenities include two pools with vineyard views, a full-service spa, onsite dining, and a wine program curated by Thomas Rivers Brown. Groups can opt for guided bike tours that will take them along local country roads, hidden valleys and vineyards. The property offers a total of 15,234 square feet of event space that can accommodate up to 174 attendees in its largest venues, which include the Vineyard Barn, the Calistoga Ballroom and the Lakeside Terrace. There are also wine cellars that can be used for farm-to-table dining experiences.
66. The Shay
Slated to open in Fall 2021 in Los Angeles, The Shay, a Destination by Hyatt hotel, is located in Culver City and is part of the Ivy Station development, with its burgeoning tech scene. Planners will find 148 guest rooms, two onsite restaurants, including one from Michelin-starred chef Danny Grant, co-working spaces, a game room and a cocktail bar. The property offers 8,000 square feet of indoor/outdoor meeting space with both cityscape and mountain views, and it’s home to the area’s first rooftop pool and lounge, ideal for those after-meeting social hours. For the arty folks in your group: The hotel’s onsite art collection can be explored via QR codes posted throughout the property. Other experiences include pop-ups from local DJs and artists, sessions with creative professionals, fashion shows, product launches and movie nights.
67. Mission Pacific Hotel & The Seabird Resort
San Diego County welcomed the largest oceanfront hotel development in more than 50 years when the Mission Pacific Hotel, a JdV by Hyatt hotel and The Seabird Resort, a Destination by Hyatt hotel opened this year. Combined, the properties will feature 387 guestrooms and suites offering ocean views. In addition, there will be six F&B experiences—four at Mission Pacific Hotel, including Charlie’s, located at the nearby historic Graves House (seen in the 1986 film “Top Gun”), which has been transformed into a vintage dessert lounge; and two at Seabird, including Piper, which features the city’s first outdoor private dining room. Mission Pacific offers 13,000 square feet of ocean-view function space, while Seabird features 20,000 square feet of oceanview meeting spaces.
68. Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas
Set atop a coastal bluff in San Diego, the 130-room Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, with its eco-design and mission of offering sustainable tourism, opened this past March. Planners will find three restaurants, Spa Alilaand an onsite gym as well as myriad function spaces. The property features a 3,800-square-foot ballroom, an indoor/outdoor foyer, a terrace with coastline views and a boardroom. Attendees can also take a surf lesson at the onsite surf school, go for a bike ride along the scenic coastline with an Electra Go! bike, or go on a hike in the adjoining coastal wetland of Batiquitos Lagoon. The property also offers daily morning wellness activities including sunrise yoga; bodyfly fitness; and low-tide beach runs that take attendees along the waterline as well as through local trails and paths.
69. Mar Monte Hotel
The Mar Monte Hotel in Santa Barbara completed the final phase of its multimillion-dollar renovation earlier this year.
The Mar Monte Hotel features 10,000 square feet of meeting and event space offering oceanfront views for up to 220 guests. Indoor, outdoor, and beach venues include two ballrooms within The Cabrillo Pavillion, The Yard, and The Living Room and Oceanfront Terrace.
As part of the Hyatt brand’s The Unbound Collection, the updated property features all 200 new guest rooms offering ocean or mountain views, plus the opening of costa Kitchen & Bar, offering a modern take on coastal Mediterranean cuisine. While Café Lido offers guests a relaxed setting for all-day dining by the pool with light plates, coffees teas, smoothies and cocktails. The property also features a library, which opens onto the courtyard, and is the spot where a variety of activities featuring local artists, winemaker, and other locals from around the region will be hosted. Other on-site activities include: rosé and oyster brunch; Mar Monte Moments featuring live music poolside on Saturdays; access to local tours and activities with the Santa Barbara Sailing Center, Coastal Concierge, the Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, and more; and rotating chef dinners at costa, which will launch later this year. Guests can also take part in wellness programs on site, including yoga classes, or use the in-room yoga mats and custom maps for running or walking.
70. Hilton Santa Monica—Santa Monica is celebrating the opening of the chic Hilton Santa Monica, just a short walk from the pier. With 286 guest rooms and 211 of them suites, the property is billing itself as offering more suites—and the most spacious—than any other hotel in the area. Its design elements will reflect a sense of place with a custom, hand-painted mural by local Los Angeles-based artist collective, Hattas. The new hotel will offer 10,000 sf of flexible event space.
71. Pendry West Hollywood—The highly anticipated Pendry, the third in the collection and the new flagship, is located at the intersection of Sunset Boulevard and Olive Drive in the heart of the Sunset Strip. Groups will enjoy culinary concepts from Wolfgang Puck, a rooftop pool and bar, a live entertainment venue, and even a screening room and bowling alley. An especially nice touch is the curated art collection. Pendry West Hollywood has 149 guest rooms.
72. Fairmont Century Plaza—Century City’s iconic Century Plaza Hotel reopened this spring as the Fairmont Century Plaza. Completely transformed by international design firm Yabu Pushelberg, it features 400 guest rooms, all with their own private balconies. James Beard Award-nominated Executive Chef Jason Franey helms its signature restaurant, Lumière, a seasonal, modern American Brasserie.There is also a 17th floor rooftop pool, a spa with its own Himalayan salt room, and 24,000 square feet of private event space including one of the largest ballrooms in Los Angeles with seating for 1,500 attendees.
73. Westin Anaheim—Situated in the heart of the Anaheim Resort District abutting Disney California Adventure Park, the Westin Anaheim opened in March, with a steakhouse and Mexican restaurant, outdoor pool and rooftop bar. There will be 48,000 square feet of meeting space in 23 rooms.
74. The Cabanas at Hotel del Coronado—The Hotel del Coronado opened The Cabanas “neighborhood” in late July, part of a master-planned $400 million renovation. The first phase, it includes an updated main pool and 97 guest rooms featuring bespoke nautical furnishings and private balconies or covered terraces with lounge seating and fire features on ground floor—lending to the feeling of a seaside escape.
75. The Inn at the Mission San Juan Capistrano—The Inn at the Mission San Juan Capistrano opened in the heart of downtown. A member of Marriott’s Autograph Collection, the 175-room property features two restaurants, a spa and event space. The décor is in keeping with the neighborhood setting and many rooms offer views of the ruins of the Great Stone Church.
76. Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas—Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas opened in early 2021 with 130 rooms and a stylish, yet artisanal, understated vibe. The resort is committed to locally inspired programming and also features an oceanfront pool, spa, signature restaurant showcasing sustainably sourced ingredients, and more than 28,500 square feet of indoor-outdoor meeting and event space.
77. Mission Pacific Hotel, San Diego—The 161-room Mission Pacific Hotel, a Joie de Vivre property set on San Diego’s north shore at the base of Oceanside Pier, has its own permanent art collection and rotate exhibits featuring works by Southern California artists curated by the Oceanside Museum of Art. Add to that a pool, a Roberto Alcocer restaurant overlooking the pier and the only rooftop pool bar in northern San Diego, as well as meeting facilities, and it is an excellent option for groups.
78. Resorts World Las Vegas—Resorts World Las Vegas is the first new resort to open on the Vegas Strip in 11 years. The property offers offer groups 350,000 square feet of flexible, technology-driven meeting space within six ballrooms, a 100,000-square-foot pillar-less Events Center, and outdoor breakout spaces. In addition, there is a 5,000-person theater that can accommodate large general sessions and meetings. This 3,500-guest room and -suite property, located across from the Las Vegas Convention Center Expansion, offers attendees an array of options to unwind after a busy day including 117,000-square-foot gaming floor, an array of restaurants including a Michelin-star venues, nightlife entertainment, and retail, plus a spa and a 5.5-acre pool complex with views of the Las Vegas Strip.
79. AC Hotel by Marriott
Sitting on three acres along the Maui’s southwestern coastline in Hawaii is the AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea, which marks the first property in the Hawaiian Islands for the AC Hotels lifestyle brand.The property features 98 guest rooms, 12 suites, and an infinity-edge pool with a hot tub and cabanas. Guest rooms offer a neutral-palette, hardwood floors, USB outlets, a private lanai, and views of the Pacific Ocean.AC Hotel by Marriott Maui Wailea also offers two al-fresco dining options including AC Kitchen, offering international and Hawaiian-inspired cuisine, wine, charcuterie, and cheese tastings, and KAI, a poolside tiki bar, features a lava stone fire pit and local drinks. The property is also equipped to host small group gatherings.
80. AC Hotel Maui Wailea—In true AC fashion, the 98-room, 12-suite AC Hotel Maui Wailea will have an elegant, contemporary design, with many rooms overlooking the Maui coastline. Features include an infinity pool, indoor-outdoor lounge areas and a restaurant featuring European-inspired cuisine. Opening in April and ideal for small groups.
81. Turtle Bay Resort
Turtle Bay Resort, the only full-service resort on Oahu’s North Shore, completed a renovation this summer. It offers ample room to roam as it’s spread out over 1,300 oceanfront acres and features a farm as well as five miles of beachfront. The renovation includes an updated lobby and pool deck, the addition of locally inspired dining concepts, and 42 new Ocean Bungalows accommodations, located just steps from the water and with an exclusive pool. The lobby’s refurbishment included adding windows that offer views of the beach as well as a new lobby cafe, Ho’olana, serving locally sourced coffee and bites, and the space now displays pieces by local artists. On the pool deck, guests will find a new adults-only pool as well as a redesigned family-friendly pool plus new cabanas and a new pool bar. The resort’s main dining venue, Alaia, will incorporate the North Shore’s sustainable agriculture throughout the menu, including produce from the resort’s own farm. Attendees will also find a new gathering place, the Surf House, as well as a new lounge, The Club, overlooking the pool deck. For meetings, the property features 25,000 square feet of both indoor and outdoor meeting spaces.
82. W Rome
Set to open this September, the first W Hotel property in Italy and one of two of the bran’s new luxury hotels in Europe, W Rome will be located near the Spanish Steps and the city’s famed Via Condotti boutiques. Spanning two adjacent 19th century properties on Via Liguria, the property will offer 159 rooms and suites and a rooftop bar with views across Rome. In addition, the property will feature culinary offerings spearheaded by Michelin-starred chef Ciccio Sultano.
83. W Algarve
Also open this year is W Algarve, the brand’s first incentive entry in Portugal. Located on the Algarve coast with direct access to three beaches, the 134-room and -suite oceanview property features duplex apartments with private plunge pools, ideal for incentive guests looking for an exclusive experience. The best place to catch the sunset? The hotel’s sky deck, Sea Sky, facing the golden bay of Armacao de Pera. Another spectacular spot for those stunning views is the Wind Studio, for events up to 200, and Air, the hotel’s exclusive outdoor clifftop spot.
84, 85 and 86. AMResorts’ Dreams Crete, Dreams Corcyra and Alua Soul Plagos Beach
AMResorts has expanded its European footprint, with plans to manage three new luxury hotels on the Greek islands of Crete, Corfu and Zante. Offering a total of 845 accommodations, all three properties will be located beachfront. Dreams Crete will grace Malame Beach and encompass 357 luxury suites, while Dreams Corcyra, on Corfu, will offer 327 rooms. The Alua Soul Plagos Beach on Zante will have 161 rooms. With the addition of these Greece resorts, AMResorts’ Europe portfolio will include 22 properties and 7,205 rooms. Management under the AMResorts brands will begin in the summer of 2022, following a major renovation. Dreams Crete and Dreams Corcyra will offer the brand’s signature Unlimited-Luxury vacation concept, with unlimited access to gourmet dining options and premium beverages, concierge services, a daily refreshed mini-bar and the brand’s Preferred Club option. The adults-only Alua Soul Plagos Beach will feature an all-inclusive concept.
87. Kempinski Palace Engelberg
The Kempinski Palace Engelberg has been flagged as the first international five-star-superior hotel in Central Switzerland. Located in the center of the Engelberg village, just a few minutes from the railway station, the Engelberg monastery and the funiculars, the property features 129 guest rooms and suites with panoramic mountain views. For an exclusive experience, the Belle Epoque accommodations feature light-flooded bedrooms, a balcony and a unique circular shape. Kempinki The Spa features an infinity pool and a relaxation room with open Himalayan salt-stone fireplace. Onsite venues include the Cattani Restaurant, and the Palace Bar and Cigar Lounge, with its 1920s vibe, and adjacent to the lobby is the Wintergarden with a terrace and serving afternoon tea.
88. Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid
Opened this spring after completing a three-year renovation of the 110-year-old property, the Ritz Madrid has reopened as the Mandarin Oriental Ritz, Madrid. It now boasts 153 guest rooms, including 53 suites and five restaurants and bars, which have been designed and developed by celebrated Spanish chef Quique Dacosta. For idyllic events that celebrate incentive guests, the property features newly renovated spaces with large windows overlooking the Prado Museum.
89. Mandarin Oriental Lake Como — Italy
Offering five-star lakefront views, the Mandarin Oriental, Lago di Como is located amidst picturesque surroundings, between a botanical park and famous Lake Como.
When it comes to stunning incentive events, a lakefront setting provides the perfect backdrop, with the option for setting up right along the lake for views that will take one’s breath away. There are two onsite restaurants—L’Aria serving Mediterranean cuisine on a lakefront setting, and the CO.MO Bar & Bistrot, set in an outdoor terrace overlooking the lake.
90. La Reserve Eden du Lac—Switzerland
Set on Lake Zurich, the La Reserve Eden du Lac—near the city’s various museums as well as the Old Town and Burkliplatz Market—features 40 guest rooms and suites across eight categories, including the Eden Suite, with five openings to the outside, including four charming ironwork balconies. The suite’s vast lounge area overlooks the lake on the south side and allows guests to admire the Alps in the distance. Incentive groups can enjoy Eden Kitchen & Bar located next to the lobby and featuring an open kitchen as well as the Eden Cigar Lounge, and La Muna, a rooftop restaurant that overlooks the city and the Alps. This luxe hotel also has an onsite fitness room, which offers personalized sessions with a coach or yoga instructor upon request.
91. Galleria Vik Milano
Art takes center stage at the new 89-room and -suite property Galleria Vik Milano, located in the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, Italy’s oldest active shopping mall and a major landmark of Milan. Each accommodation showcases art installations by Italian and international artists. Onsite, guests will find the V Bart & Restaurant, which showcases a DJ, wines from the VIK vineyards, and Mediterranean-inspired dishes. At I Dodici Gatti Pizzeria, attendees dine on traditional wood-fired Neapolitan-style pizzas and can enjoy the outdoor terrace overlooking the Galleria rooftops and views of the Milan skyline.
92. NoMad London—UK
Located in Covent Garden and near the Royal Opera House, NoMad London—formerly the Bow Street Magistrates’ Court and Police Station—is a 91-room property within walking distance of SoHo, the River Thames, and Leicester Square. Accommodations at this luxe hotel—the first NoMad property outside the U.S.—feature hardwood floors, Carrara marble mosaic bathrooms and Aragan bath amenities. For exclusive incentive events, the Magistrates’ Ballroom—once the Magistrates’ Courtroom—features a formal space with two adjacent private dining rooms, a separate bar, and its own entrance from the street by using the original courtroom’s entrance. Delightful features include a landscaped, glass-ceilinged atrium where attendees can find the Nomad Restaurant & Bar; Side Hustle, a British pub; and The Library—reserved only for hotel guests—offering light fare through breakfast and lunch, plus small plates and cocktails in the evening. And for a late night encounter, Common Decency is the onsite craft cocktail bar and lounge.
93. Bulgari Paris
Opening this fall for incentive groups is Bulgari Paris located on the city’s Triangle d’Or, home to the world’s finest haute couture shops. One of the most awaited new luxury hotels in Europe, it will feature 76 guest rooms, most of which will be suites. Onsite, attendees will have access to an 82-foot pool, a spa and the onsite Bulgari restaurant and bar, which will overlook a courtyard garden.
94. Hotel Xcaret Arte, Cancun
The first of Grupo Xcaret’s hotels exclusively for adults, Hotel Xcaret Arte opened this July featuring 900 suites, nine culinary experiences, 10 bars, the Muluk Spa, immersive cultural experiences, and multiple pools, as well as two convention centers and an entertainment stage.
The property features five distinct Casas, each inspired by Mexican traditions. The Casas include Casa del Diseno, a textile workshop offering weaving lessons; Casa de la Musica with dance instruction; Casa de los Artistas, which will inspire guests to paint; Casa de la Piramide, which will explore Mexico’s diverse pottery traditions, and Casa de la Paz, offering cooking workshops specializing in vegan cuisine. Additionally, Casa del Patron will serve as the resort’s main event and convention space. The property will also feature Grupo Xcaret’s All-Fun Inclusive concept, offering groups access to Grupo Xcaret’s seven eco-adventure parks—Xcaret, Xel-Ha, Xplor, Xplor Fuego, Xavage, Xoximilco and Xenses, as well as its Xenotes and Xichen tours. Attendees have access to roundtrip transportation to the parks, hotel and Cancun International Airport.
95. Conrad Punta de Mita
Conrad Punta de Mita is Hilton’s first-ever Conrad brand resort in Mexico. The 324-room property features three pools, a long stretch of sandy beach, access to the Litibu Golf Course, an outdoor fitness lawn for yoga, four restaurants and three bars, plus visits to a local fish market to witness the local lifestyle. There are nine meeting rooms, a 9,900-square-foot ballroom, 41,200 square feet of outdoor beach and lawn space, and the property is able to host up to 1,120 guests in a group meeting, theater style set-up.
Additionally, your meeting attendees will want to know that the Conrad SPA, which is spread across 10,000 square feet, offers an indoor/outdoor design complete with seven treatment cabanas set among the vegetation and connected by a tunnel of plants and flowers. It’s also home to the first-ever traditional Temazcal in a Hilton property.
For those seeking an even greater sense of seclusion and exclusivity, villa-like Casas house a combination of guest rooms and suites, some featuring large patios, plunge pools, freestanding soaking tubs and outdoor showers.
96. Wayam Mundo Imperial, Yucatan, Mexico
Located in Merida, Wayman Mundo Imperial is 20 minutes from Merida International Airport and steps from the Yucatan International Congress Center. Plus, the property offers 1,400 square feet of event space.The LEED-certified property’s 52 suites offer complimentary WiFi, 55-inch TVs, a coffee machine, private balconies, and room service. Onsite, guests can stop at Cuna Cafe for grab-and-go options, and the onsite Cuna restaurant offers attendees breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Guests can also enjoy the onsite rooftop pool and bar with views of the Merida skyline.
97. Two New Posadas Properties in Tulkal, Riviera Maya
Two new Posadas properties are opening in Tulkal this year—Live Aqua Beach Resort Riviera Maya Tulkal and Fiesta Americana Riviera Maya Tulkal. Located only 35 minutes from Playa del Carmen and 20 minutes from Tulum, the two properties offer attendees access to the new Tulkal Convention Center, featuring a ballroom with a capacity to host up to 3,000 guests, a terrace that can accommodate up to 1,000 guests, and a 400-seat theater.
98. Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun
Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Cancun opened in Costa Mujeres with an array of amenities and services. The property features 898 suites, restaurants, and wellness offerings, plus curated entertainment-themed experiences and authentic Hollywood memorabilia. The property also features a convention center with a capacity of up to 1,300 guests.
On property, groups can enjoy an array of amenities including four swimming pools, a lazy river, and FlowRider surf simulator, plus a labyrinth, a mini-golf course, and the first-of-its-kind Planet Play Adventure Park.
Other onsite experiences include the resort’s “Crave – World of Flavors” program with a selection of 11 restaurants and culinary offerings spanning the globe, from Mexico to India. Groups can also enjoy a Chef’s Table experience featuring a personal chef and custom crafted menu of dishes catered to each person’s unique tastes. And the PH Spa, inspired by the Golden Age of Hollywood, offers attendees immersive therapies, massages, showers, a steam room, sauna, hydrotherapy pool and an ice fountain.
99. Aloft Tulum, Mexico
Aloft Tulum opened near Tulum’s downtown district. The four-floor property features 140 loft-style guest rooms and suites, a variety of lively spaces for socialization and music, and the destination’s only venue for corporate meetings. Aloft Tulum is Marriott International’s first property to debut in Tulum.
Aloft Tulum features three multi-functional meeting conference spaces totaling 2,761 square feet. Meeting rooms can accommodate up to 240 people and are equipped with the latest audiovisual technology, plasma screen TVs, and complimentary WiFi. The property provides several high-tech features including a Mobile Key program for keyless entry into guests rooms and a concierge tablet.
Each guest room includes complimentary high-speed WiFi, 55-inch LCD TVs, free signature coffee, Aloft custom toiletries from Bliss Spa and walk-in showers with rainfall showerheads. For mingling, Aloft Tulum offers several spaces including its Atico Rooftop Bar & Lounge. At this hangout spot, groups can take a dip in the infinity pool, experience local cuisine and sip on seasonal cocktails all while taking in views of Tulum. The urban hotel is also home to a Re:fuel by Aloft, filled with fresh grab-and-go options; Re:mix lounge, the perfect place to mix, mingle and play a game of pool; and the W XYZ bar where emerging artists and local bands provide entertainment.
100. Sensira Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
This oceanfront all-inclusive 359-room resort is tucked away on Mexico’s Petempich Bay. The resort is located 12 miles south of Cancun International Airport and 18 miles from Cancun’s hub of activity. The resort has a convention center with capacity for up to 650 guests, as well as a Grand Foyer with terraces. There are two tennis courts, a theater, a nightclub, mini-golf, gymnasium, zipline, three swimming pools, and 13 restaurants and bars. It also features the Sensira Club, an adults-only area featuring specialized concierge service, a lounge and accommodations with whirlpool bathtubs.