Whether your goal is to motivate, inspire or bond with your team, meeting planners will discover impactful team-building experiences in Asheville.
Plan an outing your team will never forget by exploring the history, culture and natural wonders that draw visitors here.
8 Million Acres to Explore
Immersed in the breathtaking beauty of Southern Appalachia, Asheville is an outdoor lover’s dream. Go miles away from the ordinary to let your team connect with nature.
- Navitat Canopy Adventures — zip-lining
- Adventure Center of Asheville — low-ropes courses
- Asheville Treetops Adventure Park — aerial obstacle course
- Asheville Outdoor Center — float trips on the French Broad River
- Wai Mauna SUP Tours — paddleboarding
- Blue Ridge Hiking Company — guided hikes
- Namaste in Nature — hikes with guided meditation and yoga
A Deeply Rooted Culture
In Asheville, creativity runs deep. You’ll find street performers jamming on the sidewalks and a plethora of galleries lining every block. Discover inspiring activities to help get your team’s imagination flowing.
- Team Building at Biltmore — scavenger hunts, archery, wine tastings
- Art Connections — studio tours
- Asheville Art Studio Tours — group experiences with local artists
- Batton Clayworks — ceramic workshops
- WAXON Studio — dye technique workshops
Eating and Drinking in Foodtopia
With more than 250 independent restaurants, dozens of breweries and a thriving network of local farms and artisans, we see Asheville as an Appalachian “Foodtopia.” Bring your group closer together as you connect with each other and our exciting food scene.
- Asheville Food Tours
- French Broad Chocolate Factory — guided tours
- Asheville Brewery Tours
- Highland Brewing Company — tours and event spaces
- No Taste Like Home — foraging tours
- The Farm — cooking classes
- The Asheville Kitchen — cooking classes
- Asheville Mountain Kitchen — cooking classes
Latest Team-Building Trends
Group Service Projects
The best team building can happen when it’s not about the team. Work with local organizations to plan a river cleanup, package meals at the food bank, assemble kits for students or volunteer in a customized project on-site at your hotel.
Think way outside the conference room by planning a trip to the Axeville Throwing Club, where they say that hatchet-throwing is just “an incredibly more exciting game of darts.”
Tap into Asheville’s long history as a place of healing and restoration while helping your group unwind. From yoga hikes to sound healing and sauna parties, there are countless ways to model the importance of self-care and taking a break from day-to-day stressors.
For more information, visit exploreasheville.com.