The Art of Hotel Negotiations
In the ever-evolving landscape of hotel-planner negotiations, the dynamics have shifted significantly, influenced by the formidable pressures from procurement on the corporate front and revenue management on the hotel side.
Our expert panel is ready to unravel the intricacies of negotiating with hotels in this new environment, providing valuable insights and practical strategies. Join us to boost your negotiation skills, confidently tackle hotel complexities, and achieve unparalleled success in planning your events.
What You’ll Learn:
- Smart Pricing Tactics: Understand what parts of pricing are negotiable and non-negotiable. Learn how to secure the best deals for your events.
- Service Level Assurance: From room service to maid service, discover strategies to align hotel services with your event’s needs for an optimal guest experience.
- Detecting Hidden Fees: Learn crucial questions to identify and avoid surprise fees. Protect your budget and streamline your negotiation process.
- Effective Communication in Every Scenario: Effectively collaborate with hotel sales teams, even if they’re industry newcomers. Ensure your negotiation process remains smooth and successful.
All attendees will receive 1 CEU from The Events Industry Council.
P.S. Can’t make it? Sign-up and we’ll send you a copy of the recording.
Regional Director of Sales & Marketing,
Langham Hospitality Group
Victoria is no stranger to luxury hospitality having spent 20 years in the luxury hotel landscape in London before transferring from Langham Hospitality Group’s flagship hotel to NYC in a newly created regional role in March 2019. Victoria’s first stint in the US was just three months back in 1999 as a sales coordinator with what was then The Savoy Group. That three month secondment to the company’s NYC sales office ignited her love for the city so Victoria jumped at the chance of re-locating her family 20 years later to the Big Apple.
Overseeing the six Langham hotels in the North America region, as well as the global sales team located throughout the US, during and post-pandemic, Victoria encourages her teams to think creatively about clients’ needs across all market segments; not only existing clients but those who have yet to discover the brand and all that it offers. The group market is an important part of each hotel’s business mix and flexibility, trust and empathy are all required to secure and execute successful programs and ensure repeat business.
President & Partner,
Empire Force Events
Jaclyn is a true NYC Event Production, Destination Management, & Hospitality professional, leader, insider & champion, and owner of NYC’s Longest Independent & Locally Owned Destination Management Company (DMC) – servicing NYC / NYS, NJ, CT; & wherever clients want.
The role was her first right after college, and she purchased the business years later.
Her top achievements include
– NYC Tourism & Conventions Board of Director
– NYC Hospitality Alliance Board of Directors
– Lifetime Achievement Award Winner, International Live Events Association (ILEA)
– Inducted into 4 Halls of Fame / Legends – Meeting Professionals International Greater NY, BizBash, ILEA NY Metro, Event Solutions.
– Hosts Global DMCs ‘Made Meaningful’ Award for services during the pandemic
– Adjunct Professor & guest speaker in New York University’s Event & Hospitality undergraduate, masters & certificate programs.
Vice President, Sales & Marketing,
Anne is a meetings industry master. She has spent her career in the industry tackling all facets of the agency side of the business, from on-site operations to strategic planning and sales management. It’s no surprise she ended up in a crucial leadership role, responsible for developing and driving revenue growth strategies. Her solid foundation allows her to speak with confidence as a trusted partner to clients and colleagues alike. Beginning with a thorough understanding of the larger business goals ofour clients, Anne leads her team with determination and can be counted on to deliver the strategic leadership that results in extraordinary events every time.