As groups continue to incorporate fitness into meetings, hotels are creating several innovative ways for attendees to keep their heart rates up. These five activities will help set the bar for fitness meetings in 2016 and beyond.
- Stationary Bikes: At the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino, the hotel’s meeting rooms feature stationary bikes for attendees to exercise while participating in a meeting. The property can also help organize standing meetings upon request.
- Hula Hooping: Any attendee can unleash their inner child during one of the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess’ HoopFit classes. The high-energy group hula hoop dance class is offered during daytime meeting breakouts or at night with light-up LED hoops.
- Aerial Yoga: At the Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas, aerial yoga takes the yoga trend to new heights. Meeting attendees move through various yoga poses while suspended in a giant fabric hammock 3 feet in the air.
- Tour de France Spinning: Attendees race each other in the Tour de France spinning class offered at Sandos Cancun. The goal is for teams to try and accumulate the highest mileage in the allotted time period.
- General Manager Boot Camp Class: More and more hotel staff members are becoming personally involved in their hotel’s fitness offerings. When Hilton West Palm Beach opens in February 2016, the property’s general manager will lead group fitness boot camp classes for meeting groups upon request.