After producing 439+ of them in 2020, Vok Dams Group knows a little bit about digital events.
A new white paper by Germany’s Vok Dams Group shed some light on the importance of offering attendees choice at hybrid and digital events. “If a year ago technology defined the possibilities of hybrid and digital events, the focus now is on strategy and concept,” said Colja Dams, Vok Dams Group CEO.
The new white paper suggested the following strategies for making digital events more autonomous:
• Selection of different content and topics that can be joined in different virtual rooms
• Live query of the current level of interest and adjustment to participants’ responses, for example whether topics should be further expanded in the presentation
• Query of content-related requests of the participants, to be included in the content design or agenda
• Self-determined visits to various virtual trade fair and information stands and contact with conversation partners chosen by the participants
• Choice of whether program items are requested now and/or in recorded form at a later point in time (on-demand)
• Individual options for the camera perspective by the participant (only speaker, only slides, speaker with slides, entire room, etc.)
• Letting the the participant decide, for whatever reason, if he or she wants to take part in the voting, chat or Q&A session.
With regard to autonomy and choice, it’s clear that digital and hybrid offer event visitors a wide range of content, actions, topics and possibilities,” the report concluded. “The challenge is to design this offer in such a way that added value is created for the participants.”
Download the study here: https://study.vokdams.de/en/success-factors-of-hybrid-digital-events