Dave Stevens, Director Global Events & Field Marketing, Alation, will share his strategies on Increasing ROI by Increasing Wellness during Prevue’s Meet Well Summit, August 17 to 19 at the Lake Nona Wave Hotel.
What if by investing 10% on wellness, you could increase ROI by 30%? That’s the premise of Stevens’ session at Meet Well.
And here are 9 of his tips for incorporating wellness into the physical, social, spiritual, financial, environmental and nutritional aspects of your event:
- Include a brief meditation session.
- Provide a focused breathing break.
- Get them out in nature — or, if that’s not realistic for your event, bring natural elements into the meeting space.
- Extend the fitness center hours so attendees can get a workout in on their own time without having to skip any sessions.
- Hold fun walk/runs, scavenger hunts or other activities that will get attendees’ blood flowing.
- Hold a fitness competition, such as who can fit in the most steps over the course of the event.
- Plan meals that contain protein, iron, iodine, and micronutrients such as fatty acids, vitamins and minerals — all of which are proven to help improve learning. Fish, especially salmon, sardines and canned tuna, is a good protein choice because it tends to be high in brain-development aides such as Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B12, choline and selenium.
- Include berries (blueberries, strawberries and blackberries are all great choices), along with citrus fruits, nuts and avocados.
- Give the choco-holics their drug of choice, but make sure it is dark chocolate, which has been shown to reduce mental fatigue as well as boost memory.