On Nov. 29, the global airline alliance, oneworld, announced key enhancements to its oneworld events program, which offers travel service for conferences, conventions, meetings exhibitions and special events markets.
In the past year, twice as many events and conventions signed oneworld events to be its global air travel partner than in the previous year. As such, oneworld events is lowering the minimum requirement for the number of delegates flying internationally to an event by half, to just 50. Requests are accepted as early as five years in advance and up to three months prior to the event date.
The program will also offer a simpler and more generous incentive for meeting planners. That includes:
- An efficient and user-friendly centralized process, with one set of terms and conditions covering travel on all oneworld member airlines that can be ready for acceptance just days after submitting the online request form
- Attractive discounts for attendees on flights on oneworld member airlines
- Access to the easy-to-use oneworld events online booking tool, with an option to designate a travel agency
- The chance for planners to earn and redeem travel credits for flights on participating oneworld member airlines
- Simple online access to real-time management reports 24/7 when using oneworld’s own online booking tool to help meet attendee travel needs
- A ready-to-use oneworld promotional toolkit to build attendee awareness
For attendees, oneworld events offers:
- Attractive discounts on flights for attendees and one travel companion each on oneworld member airlines
- Option to book those discounts direct via oneworld events’ website and via designated travel agencies.
- A user-friendly booking tool that displays the most convenient flights and multiple fare options from hundreds of departure points all over the world to the event or convention location
- Travel on a collection of some of the world’s leading airlines
- Round-the-clock support when booking via oneworld’s own online booking tool, with the oneworld events help-desk ready to help via email or phone
- All the usual privileges and benefits afforded to members of any oneworld member airline frequent flyer program
oneworld is an alliance between some of the world’s top airlines including airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LATAM Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and SriLankan Airlines, and about 30 affiliates.