“A collection of harmonicas and two accordions from the Musical Instrument Museum will line the walls of The Bees Knees.”
Groups meeting at The Camby, located in Phoenix’s Biltmore neighborhood, will get a taste of the area’s musical culture now that the hotel offers a weekly Jam Session in The Bees Knees cocktail lounge, where musical instruments from the local Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) are also now on display.
The partnership between MIM, which displays more than 6,500 instruments collected from around the world, and The Camby makes the hotel one of the first destinations to display the museum’s instruments outside of the museum. A collection of harmonicas and two accordions from MIM will line the walls of The Bees Knees, where attendees can participate in the Jam Session that takes place every Tuesday from 7:30 to 11 p.m. Hosted by Korbe Canida, a local indie folk/rock singer, songwriter and musician, the Jam Session gives attendees the opportunity to enjoy live music by local musicians and even take the mic to perform, sing or play their own instruments. Or they can sit back and enjoy a namesake Bees Knees cocktail made with honey from the bar’s on-display honeycomb.
Meeting planners can take advantage of the partnership announcement by booking The Camby’s Exactly Like Nothing Else package, which includes:
- Two nights in the Camby Presidential suite
- Two general admission passes to MIM
- Two general admission passes to Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West, a national historic landmark and Wright’s winter home situated in the foothills of the McDowell Mountains
- $200 dining credit to enjoy at The Camby’s Artizen restaurant, Crafted American Kitchen & Bar and/or The Bees Knees
- A personal shopping experience with Saks Fifth Avenue
- A luxury car rental with a choice of a Lamborghini for an additional $500
The package requires a two-night minimum stay and is based on availability (blackout dates apply).