Cruising does not have to be synonymous with overindulgence. Cruise lines are aware of the demand for wellness activities and offer a menu of options to keep attendees healthy in mind and body while on board.
Following are 5 unique wellness offerings from cruise lines that appeal to the incentive guest:
1) Crystal Cruises has partnered with institutions including the Tai Chi Cultural Center and The Cleveland Clinic as part of its Creative Learning Institute, offering on-board classes ranging from Healthy Abs and Back to Memory Fitness to Tai Chi.
2) Celebrity Cruises offers CelebrityLife activities, varying by ship. At its Canyon Ranch SpaClub, a gait analysis might uncover the answer to foot pain, which can often be caused by just a slight abnormality. Also offered: Zumba, chiropractic and acupuncture.
3) Silversea takes a holistic approach to wellness, with seminars ranging from aromatherapy and nutrition to how to burn fat. Combined with fitness classes and spa therapies, it will leave attendees feeling refreshed in mind and body.
4) Royal Caribbean appeals to attendees looking for pure fun, with on-board activities including surfing, ice skating and now roller skating on its Quantum Class.
5) Costa Cruises’ Samsara Spa features the Temple of Peace, a spa journey through the beneficial properties of heat and water in all its forms. At the end, guests can sip a cup of Japanese tea as they gaze out at the sea.