The Millennial generation and culturally rich experiences go hand-in-hand. With this in mind, the Monaco Government Tourist Office, in collaboration with Atout France, sponsored a millennial familiarization trip to kick off the summer.
“A major part of the Millennial generation is now in their thirties and entering their prime spending years. That said, the program was customized precisely for this population focused on local experiences, adventure, and unique venues,” explains Meghan Pearis, manager, meeting and incentive sales and marketing, Monaco Government Tourist Office. “We hosted ten clients who were either in the millennial age range or plan meetings or incentives for the millennial or millennial at heart clientele.”
The group stayed at the Monte-Carlo Bay Hotel & Resort and highlights of the 3-day program included:
- “Snap the City” tour – The group discovered Monaco with a local photographer and their iPhone. A unique itinerary was created to discover “unexpected Monaco.”
- A spin on the Grand Prix track – The eductour took place one week before the Grand Prix, so the group had a unique opportunity to see the infrastructure put in place in preparation for the race and got to drive around the track.
- Mixology class at Le Meridien Beach Plaza – A mixologist taught the group how to make special cocktails and even carve fruit.
- Cocktails at Nikki Beach Club at the Fairmont Monte Carlo
- Boat ride to Villefranche-sur-Mer – A seaside lunch and drive back to Monaco in vintage cars, stopping at Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild on the way, were highlights.
- Casino de Monte-Carlo visit – After the group’s final dinner, a private tour of the famed Casino that included peeks into private rooms was enjoyed.