The Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau for winning a Silver Visionary Award in the category of “Best Southeast US CVB/DMO & Planner Support” in Prevue’s 2018 Visionary Awards! The awards are given annually to acknowledge the forward-thinking destinations, hotels & resorts, cruise lines and airlines of the industry.
The Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau will assist groups in arranging excursions and experiences throughout the region, a popular one being a dinearound in charming downtown Naples. “Groups can plan a dinearound or progressive dinner at one of the many award-winning restaurants lining Naples’ Fifth Avenue, or visit the popular Naples Players Performing Arts Center, which offers behind-the-scenes tours, or host a function or even an entire performance for a larger group. “The beautifully landscaped, pedestrian-friendly streets and avenues in downtown Naples are just a block away from Naples Beach, and they are lined with some of the best restaurants in Florida,” says Debi DeBenedetto, group sales and marketing manager for the Naples, Marco Island, Everglades Convention and Visitors Bureau.
There’s lots new on the region’s hotel front, among the highlights:
• The 810-room JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort just completed a $320 million renovation that includes the November opening of the luxurious, adults-only Lanai Tower; 100,000 stylish sf of new meeting space, many rooms with ocean views; Tesoro, a Mediterranean restaurant; and the 10-K Alley entertainment center with real and virtual reality games, which can be rented by groups for after-hours events.
• The Hilton Marco Island Resort & Spa fully reopened in November 2018 with 310 completely renovated guest rooms. The Hilton’s $60 million full-property renovation includes a redesigned lobby and 12,000 sf of upgraded meeting space.
• LaPlaya Beach & Golf Resort completed a $30 million property-wide renovation that incudes lavish new guest rooms in the Gulf Tower, a reinvigorated lobby and a stunning new look for its restaurant, BALEEN.
• The 474-room Naples Grande Beach Resort has completed a $3 million renovation of its expansive meeting and events space, including the latest technology upgrades and a new coastal-inspired design.
• The Inn on Fifth and Club Level Suites, located in the heart of Fifth Avenue, has renovated its executive boardroom meeting space and the award-winning Spa on Fifth.